This week the Two Gay Geeks have a round table discussion with three of the creatives behind The Sequels. We chat with Norm Harper, writer, Val Halvorson and Bobby Timony, Illustrators for the Sequels to be released by Fanbase Press. We discuss how each got into the comic book industry and their roles in creating the Sequels.
About the Sequels
Remember the ‘80s? Avery, Gwen, Russell, and Dakota will never forget. As children, they each experienced unique adventures . . . saving the life of a sentient robot, partying with an intergalactic alien, battling the likes of vampires and werewolves, and defeating a nightmarish monster to protect imagination itself. Now, 30 years later, they’re directionless adults, still obsessed with their pasts. When a mysterious figure brings the group together to cope with their experiences, will they be prepared to live out the “sequels” to their childhood adventures?
Order yours here.
About Fanbase Press
Fanbase Press celebrates fandoms and creates new ones! As a comic book publisher and geek culture website, Fanbase Press produces new and distinctive works, as well as daily reviews, interviews, and podcasts, that span the pop culture spectrum and give voice to the themes, ideals, and people that make geekdom so exceptional.
The company was founded in 2010 (originally under the name Fanboy Comics) by Barbra and Bryant Dillon and Sam Rhodes and rebranded to Fanbase Press in May 2016.
In our second segment, we talk about the Netflix original series Travelers Season 3. In our third segment, we highlight recent articles posted to the tggeeks.com n the past week. As always we have our birthdays and we have the ever popular feedback segment.
We welcome your feedback. Please, let us know what you think. Good or bad, we want to know and you could receive a shoutout in the feedback segment. Thank you for listening, we really do appreciate you taking time out of your day to spend with us.
Our YouTube channel is audio only:
Show Notes / Links:
- TG Geeks Episode 204
- TG Geeks Episode 208
- Coming to Netflix: Leigh Bardugo’s Grishaverse
- Ben’s Breakdown | The Death of Superman
- Ben’s Breakdown | The Orville 3 Episode Thoughts on Season 2
- Ben’s “Gay” Breakdown | Love, Simon
- Dr. Zombie – Monster Family Physician #31
- Dr. Zombie – Monster Family Physician #35
- Principal Photography on Satanic Possession Film Cristina Set to Begin Spring 2019
- Random Musings: Holiday Memories | Gini’s Yaps
- 5 Questions With | PJ Selarom
- TG Geeks Welcomes E. M. Knowles to Writing Staff
- TG Geeks Welcomes Al Sparrow to our Contributing Staff
- Netflix’s Carmen Sandiego Thief with Class | Andrea’s Angle
- The Shelter Pet Project Launches New #AdoptPureLove Campaign
- News Sushi #50: Morsels of News from Japan and Beyond
- Tarantino Documentary Rights Rescued and Restored to Wood Entertainment
- Disney’s Hollywood Brown Derby Review
- Singer Kelly Padrick Releases Waiting For This Video – Directed by Patricia Chica
- The Arkle Times Post Dispatch News – The Human Arkle on Twitter @arkle — Be sure to take a look at Arkle’s other venture: Arkle Studios presents Shameless Cash Grab
- Special thanks go the Facebook Group moderators of “Gay Geeks Afterhours” for encouraging us to share our content there, and there URL is www.facebook.com/groups/gaygeeksafterhours/.
- Here’s a special shout out to “The Gay Geek” for graciously allowing us to post our episodes in their Facebook group www.facebook.com/groups/thegaygeek. And a special Thank You to Jeremiah Reeves, the moderator, for being such a great guy.
Things to know from The Two Gay Geeks:
Be sure to read the Privacy / Terms and Conditions Of Use. And Please, Play Nice.
You are Important To Us
We welcome your suggestions. Let us know what you like or don’t like or if you have an opinion or comment on an article or the show. We’re available by email, Facebook, or call our listener line at 469.TG Geeks (469.844.3357). Let us know if there is something we should be watching and why, and we may just give you a shout-out in a future episode. We will not publish or use your email address to spam you. If you have a podcast or know of a podcast we should be aware of, please use the contact form and send us the information and we will take a look.
Support Independent Creators
As you know we are huge supporters of Independent Creators and not just in film. TG Geeks supports any kind of creative outlet that’s independent in nature. We know we’re always pushing something, but we’re passionate supporting indie artists. We ask that you to take a look at the independent creators we talk about and any others you may discover on your own and give a helping hand. It doesn’t have to be much, but every little bit helps in the scheme of things.
TG Geeks are members of the Amazon affiliate program. This means we link to items or place ads on the site) to help defray the cost of this venture. We would appreciate if you could at least click on an ad every so often – or follow a link to a product we’re excited to about — so Amazon knows we’re doing our best. It would be much appreciated. Also, if you happen to see something or want to buy something from Amazon, click through one of our searches and buy it that way. We get a small commission if you do. Thank You.