Watch ‘Mary Poppins Returns’ at Home
This past Tuesday, March 12th, Disney’s Mary Poppins Returns hit retail shelves on Digital HD and Movies Anywhere on March 12, followed by a 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD release on March 19. If you’re either an Emily Blunt stan or a fan of all things Disney, now’s the time to add a new musical to your home collection.
This Chapter of Mary Poppins re-introduces the Banks children as adults. Their lives are riddled with grief, financial stress, and loss. They’ve lost their joy and their way in life. Naturally, when you live under a lucky star, this is exactly the moment to expect Mary Poppins to return to your life.
This original musical breathes new life into Cherry Tree Lane and Emily Blunt’s performance as Mary Poppins is well, practically perfect in every way. With a solid cast – but a not so deep character story – and hat-tips to memborable moments this second trip down this iconic lane lives up to the tradition of joyous performances.
There are stand-out moments featuring Meryl Streep and amazing visuals to be had at every turn. And watching it at home means you can rewind, replay, and rewatch to your heart’s content.
I talked plenty about how much I enjoyed Mary Poppins Returns when the film first released. Given that it’s a musical, I’ve been very excited to see what extras to be included on the home entertainment version. Thankfully, Walt Disney Home Entertainment doesn’t disappoint:
BLU-RAY & 4K ULTRA HD™:
Deleted Song—“The Anthropomorphic Zoo” – In this early song sequence, Mary Poppins and the children visit a very special zoo where the humans and animals trade places.
The Practically Perfect Making of “Mary Poppins Returns” – Join filmmakers and cast on an amazing journey to embrace the legacy of the original film while making a fresh modern sequel.
Introduction – Filmmakers and cast remember the first Mary Poppins movie and share the thrill of working on “Mary Poppins Returns.”
“(Underneath the) Lovely London Sky” – Discover how the team mined PL Travers’ books for a fresh perspective on a much-loved character. Plus, meet the Banks children!
“Can You Imagine That?” – Be on location for Mary’s iconic entrance from the sky, and explore the movie’s original songs, inspired by the Sherman Brothers.
“Nowhere to Go but Up” – Experience being on set with the legendary Dick Van Dyke and Angela Lansbury, and celebrate the joy of choosing the right balloon!
Seeing Things From a Different Point of View”: The Musical Numbers of “Mary Poppins Returns” – Go behind the scenes and experience the film’s production numbers from a new angle.
- “Trip a Little Light Fantastic” – Led by Lin-Manuel Miranda, the cast performs the film’s biggest production number, with dancing lamplighters, bicyclists and more!
- “The Royal Doulton Music Hall” / “A Cover Is Not the Book” – Find out what it takes to create two musical extravaganzas inside an animated world, highlighted by dancing animated penguins!
- “Turning Turtle” – Mary’s eccentric cousin, Topsy Turvy, played by Meryl Streep, has an unusual house that turns this musical number upside-down.
- “Can You Imagine That?” – Dive under the bubbles with the cast and crew to see how this exuberant number was created.
Back to Cherry Tree Lane: Dick Van Dyke Returns – Dick Van Dyke, who played Bert and Mr. Dawes Sr. in the first film, returns after 54 years to Cherry Tree Lane as Mr. Dawes Jr.
Practically Perfect Bloopers – There’s nowhere to go but up with the cast and crew in this lighthearted collection of flubs, goofs and prop fails!
- Leaving Topsy’s – After their visit to Cousin Topsy, Mary, Jack and the children pause to take a look back.
- “Trip a Little Light Fantastic” – The leeries light up the screen in this extended clip from the movie’s biggest musical production.
- Play Movie in Sing-Along Mode – Sing along with all your favorite songs as you watch the movie.
- Play Movie with Audio Commentary – Watch the film with commentary by director Rob Marshall and producer John DeLuca.