The Two Gay Geeks have a chat with Michael G. Williams, author of the newly released A Fall in Autumn as well as several other novels. We chat about how he came to be a writer and this book in particular. We also chat about some of his other interests and his community. You can find his book in multiple places, we have an Amazon link later below.
About Michael G. Williams
Michael G. Williams is a native of the Appalachian Mountains and award-winning novelist. He describes his writing as wry horror, strange science fiction, and suburban fantasy: stories told from the perspectives of vampires, unconventional investigators, magicians, and hackers who live in the places so many of us also call home and who retain their sense of humor. More than anything he enjoys telling stories of people who, through terrible trials, find the friends and comrades who form their true families.
Michael is also an avid athlete, activist, gamer, and brother in St. Anthony Hall and Mu Beta Psi. He lives in Durham, NC, with his husband, a variety of animals, and more and better friends than he probably deserves.
About A Fall in Autumn
WELCOME TO THE LAST OF THE GREAT FLYING CITIES
It’s 9172, YE (Year of the Empire), and the future has forgotten its past.
Soaring miles over the Earth, Autumn, the sole surviving flying city, is filled to the brim with the manifold forms of humankind: from Human Plus “floor models” to the oppressed and disfranchised underclasses doing their dirty work and every imaginable variation between.
Valerius Bakhoum is a washed-up private eye and street hustler scraping by in Autumn. Late on his rent, fetishized and reviled for his imperfect genetics, stuck in the quicksand of his own heritage, Valerius is trying desperately to wrap up his too-short life when a mythical relic of humanity’s fog-shrouded past walks in and hires him to do one last job. What starts out as Valerius just taking a stranger’s money quickly turns into the biggest and most dangerous mystery he’s ever tried to crack – and Valerius is running out of time to solve it.
Now Autumn’s abandoned history – and the monsters and heroes that adorn it – are emerging from the shadows to threaten the few remaining things Valerius holds dear. Can the burned-out detective navigate the labyrinth of lies and maze of blind faith around him to save the City of Autumn from its greatest myth and deadliest threat as he navigates his feelings for his newest client, the handsome golem Alejandro?
In our second segment we chat about an event we attended for Arizona Independent Filmmakers and how we are trying to connect more with the AZ filmmaker community. We also highlight recent articles posted to the tggeeks.com in the past week. As always we have our birthdays and we have the ever popular feedback segment.
We welcome your feedback. Please, let us know what you think. Good or bad, we want to know and you could receive a shoutout in the feedback segment. Thank you for listening, we really do appreciate you taking time out of your day to spend with us.
Our YouTube channel is audio only:
Show Notes / Links:
- TG Geeks Episode 218
- TG Geeks Episode 219
- The Shipment Selected to Show at Tribeca Film Festival
- Phoenix Film Festival | Sci-Fi Shorts
- General Magic in Theaters May 10th
- Ben’s Breakdown | Avengers: Endgame
- Dr. Zombie – Monster Family Physician #46
- Phoenix Fan Fusion Presents – Queen Lantern Corps “Dragstravaganza”
- Cloak and Dagger Season 2: Compelling and Intense | Andrea’s Angle
- Sonic the Hedgehog Trailer Released
- Gini’s Yaps – Restaurants on the Road | Market on Houston – San Antonio, TX
- Erin’s Arcade of Words Reviews The Sequels #3 – Van Helsing High School
- Ben’s “Gay” Breakdown | The Falls: Testament of Love
- CoKoCon Returns for a Second Year | Labor Day Weekend
- News Sushi #61: Morsels of News from Japan and Beyond
- Erin’s Arcade of Words | The Margins Review
- Free Comic Book Day and Star Wars Day Collide
- The Arkle Times Post Dispatch News – The Human Arkle on Twitter @arkle — Be sure to take a look at Arkle’s other venture: Arkle Studios presents Shameless Cash Grab
- Special thanks go the Facebook Group moderators of “Gay Geeks Afterhours” for encouraging us to share our content there, and there URL is www.facebook.com/groups/gaygeeksafterhours/.
- Here’s a special shout out to “The Gay Geek” for graciously allowing us to post our episodes in their Facebook group www.facebook.com/groups/thegaygeek. And a special Thank You to Jeremiah Reeves, the moderator, for being such a great guy.
Things to know from The Two Gay Geeks:
Be sure to read the Privacy / Terms and Conditions Of Use. And Please, Play Nice.
You are Important To Us
We welcome your suggestions. Let us know what you like or don’t like or if you have an opinion or comment on an article or the show. We’re available by email, Facebook, or call our listener line at 469.TG Geeks (469.844.3357). Let us know if there is something we should be watching and why, and we may just give you a shout-out in a future episode. We will not publish or use your email address to spam you. If you have a podcast or know of a podcast we should be aware of, please use the contact form and send us the information and we will take a look.
Support Independent Creators
As you know we are huge supporters of Independent Creators and not just in film. TG Geeks supports any kind of creative outlet that’s independent in nature. We know we’re always pushing something, but we’re passionate supporting indie artists. We ask that you to take a look at the independent creators we talk about and any others you may discover on your own and give a helping hand. It doesn’t have to be much, but every little bit helps in the scheme of things.
TG Geeks are members of the Amazon affiliate program. This means we link to items or place ads on the site) to help defray the cost of this venture. We would appreciate if you could at least click on an ad every so often – or follow a link to a product we’re excited to about — so Amazon knows we’re doing our best. It would be much appreciated. Also, if you happen to see something or want to buy something from Amazon, click through one of our searches and buy it that way. We get a small commission if you do. Thank You.