The Two Gay Geeks had a chat with J. Scott Coatsworth of QueerSciFi.com, he is also an author and website guru for a number of LGBTQ+ websites. We chatted about how he got into writing and what projects he is working on currently. This interview is part of our Pride Month Celebration.
About J. Scott Coatsworth
Scott lives with his husband Mark in a yellow bungalow in Sacramento. He was indoctrinated into fantasy and sci fi by his mother at the tender age of nine. He devoured her library, but as he grew up, he wondered where all the people like him were.
He decided that if there weren’t gay characters in his favorite genres, he would remake them to his own ends.
A Rainbow Award winning author, he runs Queer Sci Fi, QueeRomance Ink, and Other Worlds Ink with Mark, sites that celebrate fiction reflecting queer reality.
In our second segment we chat about some of the experiences we have had at WhedonCOn 2019. We also highlight recent articles posted to the tggeeks.com in the past week. As always we have our birthdays and we have the ever popular feedback segment.
We welcome your feedback. Please, let us know what you think. Good or bad, we want to know and you could receive a shoutout in the feedback segment. Thank you for listening, we really do appreciate you taking time out of your day to spend with us.
Our YouTube channel is audio only:
Show Notes / Links:
- TG Geeks Episode 169
- TG Geeks Episode 221
- TG Geeks Episode 224
- Trial by Fire: Moving and Emotional | Andrea’s Angle
- Dr. Zombie – Monster Family Physician #51
- Ben’s Breakdown | Godzilla: King of the Monsters roars and finally has bite!
- Ben’s Breakdown | The Lavender Scare is a brilliant and horrifying look at our own history
- Pavarotti: Sublime, The Legend and the Man | Andrea’s Angle
- The Secret Life of Pets 2: Funny as First | Andrea’s Angle
- TG Geeks ConCast WhedonCon 2019 Episode 1
- News Sushi #65: Morsels of News from Japan and Beyond
- Ben’s Breakdown | Murder At The World’s Fair is a remarkable and mature Steampunk YA triumph!
- TG Geeks ConCast WhedonCon 2019 Episode 2
- Film Movement Plus Celebrates Pride Month
- TG Geeks Explores Uncharted Regions with Neal and Jana Hallford
- The Arkle Times Post Dispatch News – The Human Arkle on Twitter @arkle — Be sure to take a look at Arkle’s other venture: Arkle Studios presents Shameless Cash Grab
- Special thanks go the Facebook Group moderators of “Gay Geeks Afterhours” for encouraging us to share our content there, and there URL is www.facebook.com/groups/gaygeeksafterhours/.
- Here’s a special shout out to “The Gay Geek” for graciously allowing us to post our episodes in their Facebook group www.facebook.com/groups/thegaygeek. And a special Thank You to Jeremiah Reeves, the moderator, for being such a great guy.
Things to know from The Two Gay Geeks:
Be sure to read the Privacy / Terms and Conditions Of Use. And Please, Play Nice.
You are Important To Us
We welcome your suggestions. Let us know what you like or don’t like or if you have an opinion or comment on an article or the show. We’re available by email, Facebook, or call our listener line at 469.TG Geeks (469.844.3357). Let us know if there is something we should be watching and why, and we may just give you a shout-out in a future episode. We will not publish or use your email address to spam you. If you have a podcast or know of a podcast we should be aware of, please use the contact form and send us the information and we will take a look.
Support Independent Creators
As you know we are huge supporters of Independent Creators and not just in film. TG Geeks supports any kind of creative outlet that’s independent in nature. We know we’re always pushing something, but we’re passionate supporting indie artists. We ask that you to take a look at the independent creators we talk about and any others you may discover on your own and give a helping hand. It doesn’t have to be much, but every little bit helps in the scheme of things.
TG Geeks are members of the Amazon affiliate program. This means we link to items or place ads on the site) to help defray the cost of this venture. We would appreciate if you could at least click on an ad every so often – or follow a link to a product we’re excited to about — so Amazon knows we’re doing our best. It would be much appreciated. Also, if you happen to see something or want to buy something from Amazon, click through one of our searches and buy it that way. We get a small commission if you do. Thank You.