The Two Gay Geeks 🏳️🌈 have a chat with Anderson Cowan who has had an interesting career in radio and podcasting and has recently directed a film to be released in select theaters this Friday September 27th. We chat about how he got into film making and what precipitated this film. Have a listen and we hope you enjoy this as much as we did.
Anderson Cowan is a radio engineer working for KROQ-FM. He hosts several podcasts such as The After Disaster, The Film Vault and CinemAddicts. He also makes films under his company “Cold Cockle Productions.”
The film centers around two all-American high school jocks Brad and Dylan (Peter Mayer-Klepchick and Cameron Duckett) who are out for a night on the town when they are approached by the beautiful and seductive Meg (Nicole Dambro) at a local bar. Ready for what they hope will be a night to remember, the guys are subsequently kidnapped, drugged and awaken tied up face to face in an abandoned pool in the middle of nowhere. Absurdity and insanity ensue as we learn that Orin (Jesse Pudles), Meg’s overly flamboyant brother has been the target of Brad and Dylan’s homophobic bullying and that Meg is actually a grad student who plans to perform a psychological and somewhat sadistic experiment on them as part of her thesis, which poses the question, “Is homosexuality a choice?”
In our second segment, we chat about the new book form KD Edwards entitled The Hanged Man to be released in December. We also chat about our experience at the 40th anniversary tour of The Point of Know Return album from Kansas. We also highlight recent articles posted to the tggeeks.com in the past week. As always we have our birthdays and we have the ever-popular feedback segment.
We welcome your feedback. Please, let us know what you think. Good or bad, we want to know and you could receive a shoutout in the feedback segment. Thank you for listening, we really do appreciate you taking time out of your day to spend with us.
Our YouTube channel is audio only:
Show Notes / Links:
- TG Geeks Episode 238
- TG Geeks Episode 239
- Ben’s “Gay” Breakdown | Analysis Paralysis is a therapist’s romantic comedy dream come true!
- Ben’s “Gay” Book Breakdown | A look at sentience and artificial intelligence in Brobots.
- Dr. Zombie – Monster Family Physician #66
- Ben’s Breakdown | A lovely, and bittersweet, reunion of old friends at Downton Abbey.
- Ben’s “Gay” Book Breakdown | The magic and excitement shine brightly in The Hanged Man
- Raising Buchanan in Theaters September 27th | Phoenix Film Festival Winner – Best Arizona Feature
- [Dark/Web] Now Streaming on Amazon Prime Video
- Fright-Rags’ Friday the 13th Releases Include 3 FROM HELL, CREEPSHOW, & HAUNT
- News Sushi #80: Morsels of News from Japan and Beyond
- Apocalypse Later International Fantastic Film Festival Announces Film Lineup for 2019
- Scottsdale International Film Festival Kicks Off Opening Night with Oscar Buzzworthy Film
- The Arkle Times Post Dispatch News – The Human Arkle on Twitter @arkle — Be sure to take a look at Arkle’s other venture: Arkle Studios presents Shameless Cash Grab
- Special thanks go the Facebook Group moderators of “Gay Geeks Afterhours” for encouraging us to share our content there, and there URL is www.facebook.com/groups/gaygeeksafterhours/.
- Here’s a special shout out to “The Gay Geek” for graciously allowing us to post our episodes in their Facebook group www.facebook.com/groups/thegaygeek. And a special Thank You to Jeremiah Reeves, the moderator, for being such a great guy.
Things to know from The Two Gay Geeks:
Be sure to read the Privacy / Terms and Conditions Of Use. And Please, Play Nice.
You are Important To Us
We welcome your suggestions. Let us know what you like or don’t like or if you have an opinion or comment on an article or the show. We’re available by e-mail, Facebook, or call our listener line at 469.TG Geeks (469.844.3357). Let us know if there is something we should be watching and why, and we may just give you a shout-out in a future episode. We will not publish or use your email address to spam you. If you have a podcast or know of a podcast we should be aware of, please use the contact form and send us the information and we will take a look.
Support Independent Creators
As you know we are huge supporters of Independent Creators and not just in film. TG Geeks supports any kind of creative outlet that’s independent in nature. We know we’re always pushing something, but we’re passionate about supporting indie artists. We ask that you to take a look at the independent creators we talk about and any others you may discover on your own and give a helping hand. It doesn’t have to be much, but every little bit helps in the scheme of things.
TG Geeks are members of the Amazon affiliate program. This means we link to items or place ads on the site to help defray the cost of this venture. We would appreciate it if you could at least click on an ad every so often – or follow a link to a product we’re excited to about — so Amazon knows we’re doing our best. It would be much appreciated. Also, if you happen to see something or want to buy something from Amazon, click through one of our searches and buy it that way. We get a small commission if you do. Thank You.