The Two Gay Geeks 🏳️🌈 have a chat with our good friend Pia Thrasher about the new film she just completed, Things We Dig. She tells us about how the film came about, as well as the struggles to get it made, and what we can expect in the future from film festivals to release so everyone can see the film. Have a listen and we hope you enjoy this as much as we did.
About Pia Thrasher
Pia Thrasher is an actor, filmmaker and visual artist originally from Germany, where she studied the arts at the E.T.A. Hoffman Gymnasium. She majored in English and graduated from the Euro Sprachschule Bamberg as a Foreign Language Correspondent. Pia’s acting experience started around 5th grade in school theatre and several small stage productions in her hometown in Germany. Soon after immigrating to the U.S. she tasted ‘movie blood’ while working on several film sets as an extra, including James Cameron’s ‘Titanic’. Wanting to learn more about the craft, she began training in earnest and enrolled in acting classes and showcases. Once she started auditioning, student films offered her opportunities to play speaking parts, adding experience and confidence to win her supporting and leading roles in shorts and independent films. Pia eventually branched out and also worked on numerous film sets behind the scenes, gaining more knowledge and skills as a filmmaker. The dark comedy short ‘The Appointment’ was Pia’s directorial debut in 2015. Look out for her next short film, the horror comedy ‘Things We Dig’ she wrote, directed and stars in, coming to film festivals in 2020!
“Things We Dig” is about four female vampires that want to expand their business. So, they have a plan, but will it work? Let’s find out, shall we? 😉
In our second segment, we chat about our upcoming trip to New York City. We also highlight recent articles posted to the tggeeks.com in the past week. As always we have our birthdays and we have the ever-popular feedback segment.
We welcome your feedback. Please, let us know what you think. Good or bad, we want to know and you could receive a shoutout in the feedback segment. Thank you for listening, we really do appreciate you taking time out of your day to spend with us.
Our YouTube channel is audio only:
Show Notes / Links:
- TG Geeks Episode 257
- TG Geeks Episode 258
- TG Geeks Episode 261
- Ben’s Breakdown | The Passing of a Giant
- CBC Dramatic Digital Series THE 410 Heads To Slamdance For International Premiere
- Big Fur Screening at Slamdance Film Festival
- Ben’s Breakdown | As films go, For the Love of Spock is more than simply logical
- Dr. Zombie – Monster Family Physician #88
- Ben’s Breakdown | Grace and Frankie Series Thoughts
- Marriage of Inconvenience Kickstarter | A Dekkoo Original Series by Jason T Gaffney
- Andrea’s Angle | Ordinary Love is Touching and Authentic
- Hamish Downie’s Five Questions with Adrian Storey aka Uchujin
- Andrea’s Angle | Emma is Charmingly Captivating
- Morning After (2017) by Patricia Chica – Gay Themed Movies
- Marriage of Inconvenience Kickstarter Link
- The Arkle Times Post Dispatch News – The Human Arkle on Twitter @arkle — Be sure to take a look at Arkle’s other venture: Arkle Studios presents Shameless Cash Grab
- Special thanks go the Facebook Group moderators of “Gay Geeks Afterhours” for encouraging us to share our content there, and there URL is www.facebook.com/groups/gaygeeksafterhours/.
- Here’s a special shout out to “The Gay Geek” for graciously allowing us to post our episodes in their Facebook group www.facebook.com/groups/thegaygeek. And a special Thank You to Jeremiah Reeves, the moderator, for being such a great guy.
Things to know from The Two Gay Geeks:
Be sure to read the Privacy / Terms and Conditions Of Use. And Please, Play Nice.
You are Important To Us
We welcome your suggestions. Let us know what you like or don’t like or if you have an opinion or comment on an article or the show. We’re available by e-mail, Facebook, or call our listener line at 469.TG Geeks (469.844.3357). Let us know if there is something we should be watching and why, and we may just give you a shout-out in a future episode. We will not publish or use your email address to spam you. If you have a podcast or know of a podcast we should be aware of, please use the contact form and send us the information and we will take a look.
Support Independent Creators
As you know we are huge supporters of Independent Creators and not just in film. TG Geeks supports any kind of creative outlet that’s independent in nature. We know we’re always pushing something, but we’re passionate about supporting indie artists. We ask that you to take a look at the independent creators we talk about and any others you may discover on your own and give a helping hand. It doesn’t have to be much, but every little bit helps in the scheme of things.
TG Geeks are members of the Amazon affiliate program. This means we link to items or place ads on the site to help defray the cost of this venture. We would appreciate it if you could at least click on an ad every so often – or follow a link to a product we’re excited to about — so Amazon knows we’re doing our best. It would be much appreciated. Also, if you happen to see something or want to buy something from Amazon, click through one of our searches and buy it that way. We get a small commission if you do. Thank You.